|General Minimum Requirements
The general minimum requirements for working with the OSCE are:
- Excellent physical condition
- Possession of a valid automobile driving license and ability to drive using manual transmission
- Ability to cope with physical hardship and willingness to work extra hours and in an environment with limited infrastructure
|Field of Expertise Requirements
The general minimum requirements for working in this field of expertise are:
- Second-level university degree in political sciences, international relations, public policy, law, international human rights law or other human rights related fields
- Experience working with human rights, minority or gender issues
- Demonstrable organizational, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in drafting reports
|Level of Professional Competence Requirements
Furthermore, this level of responsibility requires the following:
Second-level university degree; certified training course in a relevant field desirable
Minimum 6 years of relevant, diversified and progressively responsible professional experience including at least 3 years at the management level relevant to the actual position
|Mission Specific Requirements
Additionally, this particular post has specific requirements:
- Second-level university degree in law, political science, international relations or other related fields;
- Proven leadership qualities and significant experience in the management of offices and staff, preferably in a senior level position;
- Work experience in senior level leadership positions in any of the following environments: diplomatic, civil service, non-governmental organizations, international organizations and/or operational missions;
- Proven experience in the management of projects and budgets;
- Sound knowledge of international and regional human rights standards and community rights;
- Sound understanding of the main functional areas of the Mission's mandate;
- Professional fluency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different cultural and religious background;
- Cultural sensitivity and judgment;
- Demonstrable interpersonal skills and documented experience in negotiations;
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and within limited timeframe;
- Ability to operate Windows applications, including word processing and e-mail.
- Knowledge of regional political affairs and the legal system in the Mission area;
- Demonstrated negotiation and/or conflict resolution skills;
- Knowledge of local languages.
|Tasks and Responsibilities
This vacancy notice is for two positions in the following Regional Centres: Prishtine/Pristina and Gjilan/Gnjilane.
This is a middle management opportunity within the Human Rights and Communities Department, which is one of two major programmatic departments of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo.
The Missions field presence consists of five Regional Centres/offices as well as over 30 field teams in municipalities across Kosovo. Should you be selected for the one of the positions, you will report directly to the Director of Department, and be responsible for monitoring human and community rights, policy implementation and leading a team of dedicated professional and support staff under your area of responsibility in coordination with Headquarters. More specifically you will be responsible for:
- Performing specific monitoring tasks in relation to community rights, property rights, non-discrimination issues and other human rights concerns as assigned;
- Implementing the monitoring of instructions received from Headquarters;
- Drafting spot reports and compiling regular reports on activities of all Department staff located in the Regional Centre;
- Co-ordinating and co-operating closely with the Headquarters to ensure fair utilization of capacities in the field;
- Facilitating and directing the work of other professional and support staff of the Department in the Regional Centre in line with instructions received from the Headquarters;
- Assisting and co-ordinating the implementation of projects in the field;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Moreover, the Director of Regional Centre will serve as the representative of the Head of Mission in the respective region and is additionally assigned with the following duties:
- Advising and reporting to the Mission management in the Headquarters on all activities undertaken within the Regional Centre (RC) area of responsibility and on the political, policy, human rights, legal and civil-military implications which might influence the Mission's policy implementation;
- Liaising with local interlocutors and key international civil, political and military authorities operating within the RC's area of responsibility;
- Implementing established OSCE policies for the overall safety, security and protection of all Mission personnel and material assets within the RC;
- Developing and implementing the overall strategy for the RC's co-ordination in accordance with the Mission priorities;
- Supervising the contextual and political reporting of the RC staff;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, please see:http://www.osce.org/mission-in-kosovo
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds. Please note that nationals or permanent residents of the country of the duty station are not eligible to apply.
Candidates should, prior to applying, verify with their respective nominating authority to which extent financial remuneration and/or benefit packages will be offered.
Please apply to your relevant authorities several days prior to the deadline expiration to ensure timely processing of your application. Delayed nominations will not be considered.
Only those applicants who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.