As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
The OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina continues to play a vital role in strengthening the country’s ability to foster a sustainable and stable security environment, to strengthen Bosnia and Herzegovina’s governance, and to encourage its consolidation as a democratic society. The Mission supports political and education reform and works to promote and protect human rights of all citizens of BiH.
Should you be selected for the position, you will be primarily responsible for the day to day management and implementation of the human dimension programme. You will be responsible for providing advice to the supervisor on programme-related matters, including current trends, achievements, challenges and future planning.
You will supervise the project managers in the Human Dimension Department (HDD) so that their specialist inputs are incorporated into the planning and implementation of the programme and to ensure that there is coherence between all programme elements. You will also supervise the heads of Field Office who are responsible for field level programme implementation, to ensure that there is effective co-ordination between the field and Head Office.
In addition, you will provide operational support to the Head, HDD to ensure effective programme implementation and a fully co-ordinated Department. You will advise the Head, HDD on operational, administrative and financial matters and you will also provide support to strategic programme planning, design, and implementation.
|Tasks and Responsibilities|
Under the direct supervision of the Head of the Human Dimension Department, should you be selected for this position you will perform the following duties:
1. In co-operation with project managers, supporting the Department’s policy and legislative objectives, including the direct lobbying of governments/Ministers/MPs and preparing briefs for the Head of Department, the Head of Mission and the Deputy Head of Mission’s involvement; working closely with Head of Department to ensure overall situational analysis, and contributing to short-and long-term objectives;
2. Ensurings consistency and co-ordination in the implementation of the programme’s different elements, specifically ensuring that optimum impact is achieved from the human and financial resources employed;
3. Contributing to programme development and strategy formulation through identification of lessons learnt, current trends, achievements, problems and future plans. Overseeing the process of development and implementation of field based conflict analysis and response action;
4. Ensuring that programmatic staff in the Head Office and in the field work together as a coherent team towards achieving the Department’s agreed objectives. This will includes regular visits to the field and establishing effective coordinating mechanisms;
5. Assisting in liaising and co-ordinating with international and national organizations, in order to prevent duplication and to ensure that the programme achieves maximum benefit from related initiatives;
6. Assisting the Head of Department in examining all requests for expenditure to ensure conformity with programme objectives; liaising with the Chief of Fund Administration on all financial and administrative issues pertaining to the implementation of programme activities. Overseeing all operational and administrative matters related to staffing requirements, setting priorities, identifying skill gaps and recommending development programmes in conjunction with the Mission´s Chief of Human Resources;
7. Performing other duties as required.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission in Bosnia and Herzegovina, please see: http://www.osce.org/mission-to-bosnia-and-herzegovina
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see http://www.osce.org/states.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
The OSCE is a non-career organization committed to the principle of staff rotation, therefore the maximum period of service in this post is 7 years.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.