As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
|General Minimum Requirements|
Please note that this post is part of an OSCE extra-budgetary project; a terms of assignment will only be issued to the successful candidate upon receipt of sufficient funding.
The general minimum requirements for working with the OSCE are:
|Field of Expertise Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working in this field of expertise are:
|Level of Professional Competence Requirements|
Furthermore, this level of responsibility requires the following:
Advanced education/certified training course in a relevant field desirable
Minimum 6 years of relevant, diversified and progressively responsible professional experience including at least 3 years at the management level relevant to the actual position
|Mission Specific Requirements|
Additionally, this particular post has specific requirements:
|Tasks and Responsibilities|
Under the direct supervision of the Director of the Border Management Staff College (BMSC), the selected candidate will be responsible for:
1. Co-ordinating, planning, designing, delivering and facilitating the one year Border Security and Management for Senior Leadership Course (BSMSL) and the one month Border Management Staff Course, both in line with their approved curriculum. As part of the one year BSMSL Course:
2. Ensuring monitoring and evaluation of BSMSL and Staff Courses, as well as other complementary BMSC activities, including their mid-term outcomes;
3. Co-ordinating an annual review of BSMSL and Staff Course curricula, in co-operation with the Border Security and Management Unit of the OSCE Secretariat¿s Transnational Threats Department and in liaison with the AAB and partner organizations;
4. Serving as a member of the AAB;
5. Representing BMSC and establishing strong ties with relevant international organizations and training institutions within the framework of existing and new international training programmes on border security and management-related issues;
6. Contributing to the BMSC catalogue of events, announcements and other promotional materials;
7. Directly supervising the locally-recruited BMSC language and administrative assistants;
8. Deputizing for the Director, BMSC in her/his absence;
9. Performing other duties as assigned by the Head of Mission or the Director, BMSC.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe, please see: http://www.osce.org/programme-office-in-dushanbe
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds. Please note that nationals or permanent residents of the country of the duty station are not eligible to apply
Candidates should, prior to applying, verify with their respective nominating authority to which extent financial remuneration and/or benefit packages will be offered.
Please apply to your relevant authorities several days prior to the deadline expiration to ensure timely processing of your application. Delayed nominations will not be considered.