|General Minimum Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working with the OSCE are:
|Field of Expertise Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working in this field of expertise are:
|Level of Professional Competence Requirements|
Furthermore, this level of responsibility requires the following:
Second-level university degree in political sciences, social sciences, international relations, public policy, law or other related field. A first-level university degree in combination with two years of additional qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the second-level university degree.
Minimum 6 years of relevant, diversified and progressively responsible professional experience including at least 3 years at the management level relevant to the actual position
|Mission Specific Requirements|
Additionally, this particular post has specific requirements:
|Tasks and Responsibilities|
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Director and the overall supervision of the Director of the Democratization Department, should you be the selected candidate, you will be responsible for:
1. Providing strategic direction and managing the Public Participation Section;
2. Advising the Department's senior management on issues related to civil society, women, youth and non-majority community participation as a component of democratic governance;
3. Overseeing and managing the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all of the Section's projects;
4. Assisting in the development and implementation of the department's cross-cutting themes of civil society, youth, women and non-majority community participation;
5. Co-ordinating and liaising with other department sections, other departments and in the Mission’s Field Offices on crosscutting themes of civil society, youth, women and/or non-majority community participation;
6. Supervising all professional and support staff of the Public Participation Section;
7. Co-ordinating and overseeing the drafting of reports based on information provided by the Section and the field;
8. Co-operating with other international partners, non-governmental organizations, women's caucuses and youth action councils in developing the Section's projects;
9. Participating in the Department's and Section's policy making process;
10. Representing the Section in meetings, seminars and/or conferences;
11. Engaging in other specific tasks at the discretion of the Director of Department;
12. Performing other duties as assigned.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, please see: https://www.osce.org/mission-in-kosovo
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds. Please note that nationals or permanent residents of the country of the duty station are not eligible to apply.
Candidates should, prior to applying, verify with their respective nominating authority to which extent financial remuneration and/or benefit packages will be offered.
Please apply to your relevant authorities several days prior to the deadline expiration to ensure timely processing of your application. Delayed nominations will not be considered.