As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
|General Minimum Requirements|
The OSCE Gender Action Plan is committed to increasing the number of female staff in all areas of the OSCE's work. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this opportunity.
The general minimum requirements for working with the OSCE are:
|Field of Expertise Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working in this field of expertise are:
|Level of Professional Competence Requirements|
Furthermore, this level of responsibility requires the following:
Second-level university degree/certified training course in relevant field. Advanced degree in a management discipline an asset
Minimum 10 years relevant, diversified and progressively responsible professional experience including at least 5 years at the management level relevant to the actual position
|Mission Specific Requirements|
Additionally, this particular post has specific requirements:
|Tasks and Responsibilities|
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Mission/Deputy Head of Mission, the Chief of Mission Security, the incumbent will be performing the following:
1. In close co-operation with the Head of Security Management at the OSCE Secretariat in Vienna, planning, developing and approving or proposing for approval, security strategies, concepts, policies, adapted to the specific needs of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo (OMIK) in order to ensure appropriate security arrangements for the Mission. This includes:
2. Supervising, co-ordinating and assigning investigation tasks for violation of security matters and illegal activities, as per HoM decisions;
3. Providing strategic and operational advice and guidance to ensure the safety and security of the Mission and its staff;
4. Monitoring and evaluating office physical security measures, and conducting security surveys of installations and facilities;
5. Co-ordinating implementation of security arrangements, as recommended by the security risk assessment and approved by Security Management Team (STM);
6. Ensuring oversight over the work of all security personnel working in specialized teams (protection team, security control room team) and 24-hour shift teams both at OMIK Headquarters and the Regional Centers;
7. Acting as a second-level approver of the monthly 24-hour coverage plans for the security force protecting OMIK Headquarters and related buildings in Prishtinë/Pristina and for the Security Operations Room;
8. Establishing human resources requirements and manages the staffing table;
9. Identifying areas for additional trainings and redeployment of staff in line with special skills acquired;
10. Co-ordinating all IT, financial and administrative issues, with the technical and substantive departments at OMIK on behalf of the security division;
11. Supervising, providing guidance to, and co-ordinating all important aspects of work performed by the Deputy Chief of Security and the Regional Safety and Security Officer;
12. Co-operating closely with the security information centres of UNMIK, EULEX, KP and KFOR to be aware of all security issues relevant to the OMIK mission area and neighbouring States;
13. Managing the OMiK Risk Management Register;
14. Initiating meetings and facilitating the work of the Security Management Team and implements its conclusions and recommendations;
15. Performing related duties as required.
For more information on the work of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, please see http://www.osce.org/mission-in-kosovo
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds. Please note that nationals or permanent residents of the country of the duty station are not eligible to apply.
Candidates should, prior to applying, verify with their respective nominating authority to which extent financial remuneration and/or benefit packages will be offered.
Please apply to your relevant authorities several days prior to the deadline expiration to ensure timely processing of your application. Delayed nominations will not be considered.