*Employment is subject to the approval of 2020 UB Post Table
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the National Transport and Building Management Officer, the incumbent will be performing the following functions:
- Assisting the supervisor in planning, designing and scheduling the renovation of building constructions and technical systems for construction projects, including but not limited to; developing proposals for the installation of technical systems within buildings and other infrastructures, such as communications and relay facilities in line with the user's needs and environmental constraints. Preparing simple designs, reviewing complex designs submitted by contracted consultants to adapt them to the minimum mission requirements (technical feasibility, financial and time constraints).Scheduling the projects for simultaneous implementation, taking into account manpower, material and equipment available (resource levelling) ensuring that each line item in the specifications does not exceed the contracted amounts (unit pricing) as specified in the contract;
- Responsible for the managing of the operational contract, maintenance and repair of building constructions in the OSCE mission area, this will include identifying the requirements for repair or maintenance; drafting Terms of References for the projects to be implemented and subsequently assisting in the evaluation of the tenders received. This will include close cooperation with other technical units involved in the implementation of refurbishment/renovation project, such as ICT and DSS. Overseeing the work of contractors during the implementation of the projects and coordinating the operational contracts mission wide such as: Pest Control, General/Daily cleaning services, Portable Toilets and Garbage removal;
- Assisting in establishing concepts for office space allocation at all facilities within the Mission area of operations based on an inventory of available floor space, size of rooms and number of occupants; draws office layouts in accordance with accepted norms. In addition, reviewing requests for relocation of offices; inspecting offices to ensure that within the existing constraints of Financial Administrative Instruction (FAI) 8 the optimum working environment is available to staff members. This will include the drawing of detailed floor plans and layouts of offices, ensuring utilization of space available floor plans to facilitate installation work;
- Participating in the implementation of Occupational Health and Safety rules during the work in different environmental conditions. Identifying the needs that all Building Management Staff (BMS) is equipped with Personal Protection Equipment’s and providing guidance to the staff and contractors prior commencing work in hazardous areas such as working with electricity, working on heights, trenches, confined spaces, proper use of ladders and scaffolds;
- Assisting in monitoring and ensuring the provision of all utilities to the Mission’s facilities by municipalities and private contractors. This entails monitoring the utility database program implemented for all metering devices installed on water, electrical and central heating devices in the Mission’s buildings, and overseeing the BMS Technical Clerks in each of the buildings and Regions who monitor the utilities provided to ensure that utility companies are submitting correct invoices.
- Performs other duties as assigned. May be called to drive official vehicles
- Secondary education supplemented by formal studies in civil engineering or architecture;
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience, combined with demonstrated knowledge of civil engineering and building maintenance preferably acquired in an international or mission environment;
- Proven ability to monitor a number of projects simultaneously using the critical path method enabling resource levelling of manpower, materials and equipment;
- Proven evidence in Health and Safety rules and regulations including completion of formal education therein;
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft packages and CAD computer systems;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and in the local languages;
- Holding a valid driving license.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 1054.42 Euro/month. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE Group Insurance Plan (Health, Life, Accidental Disability and Temporary Incapacity Insurance) and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
How To Apply:
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://jobs.osce.org Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: Recruitment.OMiK@osce.org In line with your qualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language would not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.