As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
The Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (ODIHR) is the principal institution of the OSCE responsible for the human dimension. ODIHR is active throughout the OSCE area in the fields of election observation, democratic development, human rights, tolerance and non-discrimination, and the rule of law.
This position is located in the Finance Unit, Common Services Department in OSCE ODIHR. The Finance Unit is responsible for budgetary planning and control in line with the OSCE Common Regulatory Management System (CRMS) and Permanent Council approved programme objectives. The position may require long-term assignments out of Warsaw working on Election Observation Missions (up to 75% of total work time depending on the activities of the Elections Department).
|Tasks and Responsibilities:|
Under the general supervision of the Finance Officer the incumbent applies and interprets the OSCE/ODIHR financial rules and regulations in performing the following duties:
1. ELECTION OBSERVATION MISSION (EOM) RELATED
2. FINANCE AND BUDGET RELATED
|- Completed secondary education or equivalent and specialised training in the area of business planning and accounting;
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant working experience in the field of finance, budgeting and accounting, preferably in an international environment;
- Fluent oral and written English. Knowledge of Russian is a distinct advantage;
- Good understanding of the procedures and requirements for the budget exercise;
- Good understanding of computer hardware and software applications that are relevant to the incumbent’s work. Knowledge of Oracle E-Business Suite is an advantage;
- Must pass OSCE/ODIHR accounting test;
- Certified excellent physical condition;
- Ability to cope with physical hardship and willingness to work extra hours and in environments that may have limited infrastructure;
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a member of a team, with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity.
Managerial competencies (for positions with managerial responsibilities)
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions, is approximately PLN 6,900. OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation in Poland.
Social security will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme (current approximate deduction for a staff member is 46 Euro) and OSCE Provident Fund. The Organization contributes an additional amount equivalent to 15% of the employee's salary to this pension-style fund while the employee contributes 7.5%. Other allowances and benefits are similar to those offered under the United Nations Common System for general services employees.
Appointments are made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
|How To Apply:|
If you wish to apply for this position, please use OSCE’s online application link found under http://jobs.osce.org.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only the OSCE on-line applications will be accepted and short-listed applicants contacted.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see http://www.osce.org/states.
No application fees or information with respect to bank account details are required by OSCE for our recruitment process.
Please note that in the event of invitation for interview, the OSCE is unable to reimburse costs incurred.