|General Minimum Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working with the OSCE are:
|Field of Expertise Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working in this field of expertise are:
|Level of Professional Competence Requirements|
Furthermore, this level of responsibility requires the following:
First level university degree or equivalent experience
Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience including minimum 1 year in a relevant field strongly preferred
|Mission Specific Requirements|
Additionally, this particular post has specific requirements:
• Excellent diplomatic and organizational skills;
• Working experience in research, co-ordination and liaison functions;
• Experience in project management;
• Professional fluency in written and spoken English;
• Relevant professional experience in international organizations, public service and/or public relations;
• Experience in drafting and editing/clearing reports and policy briefs;
• Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team and engage with people of different cultures and religious backgrounds as well as gender and diverse political views while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
• Excellent ability to operate Windows applications, including data analysis functions;
• Flexibility to work under tight deadlines.
• Familiarity with performance based management principles is an asset.
|Tasks and Responsibilities|
Under the supervision of the Head of Programme Co-ordination and in close co-ordination with the Deputy Head of Presence, the incumbent ensures a robust Mission planning, also informed by OSCE regional and donors’ priorities. More specifically, the Officer will be:
1. Supporting the Project Co-ordination Unit in ensuring that project and programme documents are clearly drafted in line with OSCE project requirements and Mission priorities;
2. In collaboration with the Head of Programme Co-ordination, cultivating and maintaining a network of working-level relationships with representatives of bilateral embassies, international organizations and the donor community in Albania for both information sharing and fund-raising purposes;
3. Supporting the Project Co-ordination Unit with programme and project monitoring and evaluation efforts, and along with project managers, regularly collecting data on achievements from project and non-project activities and keeping track of them to feed in to the Presence’s performance based reports;
4. As necessary, maintaining contacts with the Secretariat, OSCE/ODIHR, regional OSCE field operations, or other external parties to facilitate co-ordination of activities and events that are of cross-dimensional or cross-programmatic nature. ;
5. Preparing regular briefings and/or reports for senior management on projects and donors related trends, developments and the wider policy and priority context analysing the impact on the Presence’s project work;
6. Researching extra-budgetary (ExB) funding opportunities for all the Presence’s programmes and projects, especially with non-traditional donors;
7. In close co-operation with the Political and Public Affairs Unit, providing content for designing communication and visual materials to publicize OSCE work;
8. Supporting with researching, diplomacy and advicing the reinforcement of relations with other international organizations and agencies in Albania (EU, Council of Europe, UN, etc.), identifying possible points of co-operation and partnership;
9. Performing targeted project monitoring visits in the regions;
10. Performing other duties, particularly in support to the programmatic departments in the implementation of their project activities, as assigned.
For more detailed information on the work of OSCE Presence in Albania, please see http://www.osce.org/presence-in-albania
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds. Please note that nationals or permanent residents of the country of the duty station are not eligible to apply
Candidates should, prior to applying, verify with their respective nominating authority to which extent financial remuneration and/or benefit packages will be offered.
Please apply to your relevant authorities several days prior to the deadline expiration to ensure timely processing of your application. Delayed nominations will not be considered.