The incumbent provides high level secretarial, clerical and administrative support to the Head of Human Dimension Department. Acts as focal point for all matters concerning the office and coordinates the work of junior support staff and follows up on the implementation or execution of the instructions given to officers by the Head of HDD.
Under the overall supervision of the Head, Human Dimension Department, the incumbent is expected to perform the following functions:
- Maintains the personal schedule of and makes appointments for the Head, HDD;
- Arranges meetings and workshops chaired by the Head of HDD, notifying participants about the date and time and if required, provides participants with background information on the subject matter; also participates in the organization and preparation of visitor or staff meetings, books conference or meeting facilities, sets up conference rooms, provides background materials, accompanies visiting teams when required; Liaises with external counterparts to exchange or obtain information, to set up meetings or to ensure the flow of documents;
- Responsible for the process management of the paper flow of the Office, collecting, booking in, copying, distribution, filing of documents including policy, confidential and general correspondence; Also follows up, on behalf of supervisor on the implementation of the work of other units or execution of instructions given;
- Filters and receives visitors, places and screens phone calls and answers queries with discretion;
- Receives, screens, logs and routes correspondence, attaches necessary background information and maintains a follow up system;
- Drafts on own initiative or under instructions correspondence, documents and reports, some of which are highly confidential; Checks outgoing correspondence for accuracy, conformity with overall policy or specific instructions prior to presentation to the Head of HDD’s signature;
- Maintains lists of names, addresses and telephone numbers of Government officials, local media representatives and of Senior Officials in International Organizations, NGO’s and Liaison Offices;
- Makes travel arrangements for the Head of HDD for official travels, prepares Official Travel Authorizations, ensures that visas, vaccination certificates etc. are in order and complete the all the necessary forms. Also prepares Leave Requests and deals with requests for official representation for the Head of HDD;
- Organizes VIP visits, drafts and arranges the programs of the visits, co-ordinates with all parties involved (Departmental representatives, security, transport) in a manner suitable and optimal for all parties;
- Whenever required books hotel rooms/arranges accommodation, arranges official dinners/lunches/official receptions and makes all necessary bookings;
- Participates in the organization and preparation of visitor or staff meetings, books conference or meeting facilities, sets up conference rooms, provides background materials, accompanies visiting teams when required; Liaises with external counterparts to exchange or obtain information, to set up meetings or to ensure the flow of documents;
- Distributes, coordinates the work, briefs or trains junior/newly appointed office staff;
- Translates or interprets for the Head of HDD when necessary;
- Performs other duties as required.
- Competition of secondary education supplemented by higher educational courses in linguistics, public participation, law, political or social sciences, journalism or gender studies;
- Minimum 4 years of working experience in a national or international large administrative set up with practical experience in senior secretarial or clerical work with coordination type of functions;
- Analytical skills (ability to contribute to background reports, minutes drafting);
- Knowledge of international election and democracy standards as well as legal system and election laws of the Republic of Tajikistan;
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft packages;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Russian and in Tajik languages;
- Possession of a valid driving license is desirable;
- Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/. ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED, offline applications received by email, post etc. will not be accepted. Please note that the vacancy is open for competition only amongst nationals of Tajikistan.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.