Please note that this is an extra-budgetary position. The initial contract will be for the duration of one year, with the possibility of further extension until January 2021.
The Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (ODIHR) is the principal institution of the OSCE responsible for the human dimension. ODIHR is active throughout the OSCE area in the fields of election observation, democratic development, human rights, tolerance and non-discrimination, and the rule of law. ODIHR’s assistance projects and other activities are implemented in participating States in accordance with ODIHR’s mandate.
Advancing the Human Dimension of Security in Ukraine project is planned between January 2019-January 2021. It represents a holistic portfolio of initiatives aimed at advancing the respect for human rights, strengthening democratic institutions and promoting tolerance in the society through capacity-building, co-operation and advocacy. The project will mainstream gender, participation of persons with disabilities and Roma and Sinti, and increase efforts in building capacity of youth. This project is implemented by a dedicated team of staff funded from extra-budgetary sources. The incumbent is supervised by the National Project Officer (CS UA) in Kyiv, under the general guidance of the Project Officer (CS UA). The incumbent provides administrative and logistics support for the preparation and implementation of project activities in Ukraine. The incumbent will also, when necessary, provide financial services in Ukraine. These duties will entail the preparation and verification of disbursements and supporting documents against allotments from the system, data entry and submission for approval and payment, including verifying that payments actually occurred.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will be based in the office of the OSCE Project Co-ordinator in Ukraine (PCU) and will work under the direct supervision of the National Project Officer in Kyiv. The incumbent provides the necessary administrative and logistical support for the preparation and implementation of the project. The duties include:
• Making travel arrangements for the project staff, contracted national and international experts and attendees at project events, traveling to and in Ukraine (Kyiv and the regions);
• Carrying out logistical and administrative tasks in relation to the planning and implementation of the project;
• Providing administrative and logistical support for the organization of meetings, seminars, round tables and conferences;
• Performing a variety of clerical and secretarial tasks;
• When exigencies require, backstopping the Finance Assistant in performing finance duties such as verification of incoming invoices and the preparation of payment orders for settlement from the bank;
• Performing other related duties, as required.
• Ukrainian citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Ukraine;
• Completed secondary education;
• Four years of clerical/secretarial/administrative experience, preferably with travel agency, national or international administrative set up;
• Demonstrated experience in dealing with administrative and financial processes, and organization of meetings;
• Сomputer literate with practical experience with Microsoft applications and with large administrative and financial systems (Oracle or others);
• Professional fluency in the English, Ukrainian and Russian languages, both oral and written;
• Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds;
• Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is EUR 988. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund. Other allowances and benefits are similar to those offered under the United Nations Common System.
This position is for residents of Ukraine only. We strongly encourage applicants to use the online application system at https://jobs.osce.org; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRG00571. The deadline for applications is 05 August, 2019. If you have difficulties with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer to find the vacancy. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Details of the assignment and contract may be further discussed during the interviews.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.