|Job Title||Administrative Assistant|
|Organization Name||OSCE Centre in Ashgabat|
|Background||The OSCE Centre in Ashgabat has been operating in Turkmenistan for more than fifteen years and conducts its activities in Politico-military, Human, and Economic-Environmental dimensions. The Fund Administration Unit (FAU) is responsible for the support of the Centre’s activities and their alignment with the framework of the Common Regulatory Management System of the OSCE, deals with finance, human resources, procurement, ICT, and administrative issues. In order to strengthen this Unit, the Centre is looking to hire an Administrative Assistant, who will be responsible for all issues related to travel (ticketing, visas) and other matters of administrative/logistical nature, and will also assist the Unit in fulfilling its other tasks.|
|Tasks and Responsibilities|
1) Administrative duties
- Responsible for registration of international staff and official visitors as necessary, for insurance of visas and diplomatic cards, as well as other protocol procedures from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and other government institutions. Organising visas for official visitors going abroad, as well as mission members going on duty trips.
- Makes travel arrangements (ticketing, DSA calculation, hotel reservation or other type of accommodation if deemed necessary, etc.) both in the mission area and abroad, if required.
- Deals with arrangements for events and conferences held by the Centre, including, but not limited to: venue rental, catering if required, meals, coffee breaks, reception, necessary equipment and stationary, interpretation and translation services.
- Acts as a Buyer and raises POs on travel and event management.
2) Treasury duties
Under the supervision of the Chief of Fund Administration and the Senior Finance Assistant an incumbent provides:
- Processing and completion of invoices;
- Managing petty cash, paying the bills;
- Preparing bank orders for approval and payments;
- Preparing daily and monthly cash and bank related reports (cash and bank reconciliation reports; cash count certificates);
- Maintaining reconciliation/analysis of Trial balance on monthly basis, reconciling all general ledger, assist in maintaining of assets and liabilities accounts; assist in reviewing of open prepayments and other items not closed and initiate their closure by staff; correcting of wrongly entered or distributed transactions;
3) Other duties
- Acts as a replacement of Senior Finance Assistant and other FAU assistants to cover agreed list of tasks in their absence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Completed secondary education, training in accounting/finance and business administration.
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in the field, preferably with an international organization; - Excellent computer skills (Word processing, Excel database are mandatory, Oracle is an asset); - Good organisational and analytical skills; - Excellent communication skills; - Ability to work as a part of a team; - Ability to work under pressure, long hours if necessary and in a stressful environment.
Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, Russian, Turkmen
|Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deduction, is EUR 987.91 (12 times a year). OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation in Turkmenistan. Social benefits will include possibility of participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.|
|How To Apply|
|If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment. The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please note that this vacancy is open only for competition of Turkmenistan citizens. Please note the OSCE is an equal opportunity employer, female candidates are encourage to apply.|