- In close collaboration with the FAU and under guidance and supervision of the Chief Training and Education Officer [Project Officer] of BMSC, performs the following duties:
Assists on administrative matters and procedures applicable to the implementation of BMSC programme activities, and in particular:
Budget & finance related:
- Assists, in cooperation with respective sections in the FAU, in researching and compiling information and data for the preparation of BMSC project budgets and the drafting of financial reports and submissions for BMSC management and/or donors (including quarterly, periodic and final financial reports, donor pledge acceptance, financial status related to donors’ pledge(s));
- Assists, in cooperation with respective sections in the FAU, in researching and analyzing data on the BMSC’s running, communication, or, on request, other costs, and assists in preparation of the reports for Director, BMSC and for donors.
- Supports BMSC staff in raising purchase requests (PRs) and purchase orders (POs);
- Ensures that purchase requisitions for assets and supplies are submitted to FAU properly and in time, and that supplies for the BMSC are replenished. Monitors supplies and takes measures for replacement of the stock;
- Organizes, in cooperation with respective sections in the FAU, timely and efficient distributing of all goods to their respective end-users in the BMSC;
- Monitors and reviews, in cooperation with respective sections in the FAU, all receiving transactions for BMSC for accuracy; and in case of any discrepancy, informs BMSC management and FAU, and suggests corrective measures.
- Ensures, in cooperation with respective sections in the FAU, proper implementation of the relevant internal OSCE policies and procedures in relation to transport matters for BMSC vehicles.
Administrative, logistics & travel related:
- Arranges, in co-operation with FAU, accommodation, coffee breaks, lunch and/or receptions for BMSC events, including Staff Courses, Border Security and Management for Senior Leadership Courses (BSMSL), and other BMSC events;
- Provides administrative and logistical support to cultural programmes conducted as part of Staff Courses and BSMSL courses;
- Provides administrative and logistical support to field trips conducted within and outside Tajikistan as part of Staff Courses and BSMSL courses;
- Assists, in co-operation with FAU, travel administration for BMSC visitors (visitors and participants of BMSC events, students of Staff Courses, BSMSL Courses);
- Provides administrative and logistics information to BMSC course participants and experts at least 1 week prior to the course and presents necessary administrative information at the beginning of the course;
- Organizes a comprehensive mail and filing system for BMSC, and ensures BMSC’s records management is in accordance with OSCE procedures (such as Financial/Administrative Instruction No. 3);
- Drafts/responds to official correspondence on administrative matters on request from BMSC Director (also involves translation);
- Responds to official invitations on behalf of BMSC Director;
- Performs other duties as required.
- Secondary education supplemented by formal studies in office administration or accountancy;
- 4 years of working experience as Admin clerk/assistant or in other related field, part of which should preferably have been in an international environment; Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft software applications (Word-processing, e-mail, Access, Excel, etc.). Proven experience in working in budgets and/or finance would be an asset;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Russian and Tajik;
- Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities. Analytical and quantitate skills, preferably related to budget matters.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/. ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED, offline applications received by email, post etc. will not be accepted. Please note that the vacancy is open for competition only amongst nationals of Tajikistan.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.