As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
The OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina continues to play a vital role in strengthening the country’s ability to foster a sustainable and stable security environment, to strengthen Bosnia and Herzegovina’s governance, and to encourage its consolidation as a democratic society. The Mission supports political and education reform and works to promote and protect human rights of all citizens of BiH.
Under the direct supervision of the National Planning and Co-ordination Officer and overall supervision of the Chief of Fund Administration, should you be selected for the position, you will be responsible for efficient administration of FAU functions in a field office staffed by 8 to 9 staff members, ensuring quality and integrity of the FAU service delivery in your AoR and consistency in application of the OSCE Regulatory Framework. In addition, you will be the main point of contact between the FAU and Mission programmatic staff in the field office and the main liaison for security matters at the Field Office level.
Tasks and Responsibilities
As the Administrative Assistant, should you be selected for the position, you will perform the following duties:
1. Managing day-to-day operations of the Office by effective administering of resources, ICT and security services in support of implementation of programmatic activities
- Facilitating all programmatic activities by consistent application of administrative processes and procedures and in line with CRMS;
- Focal point for all FAU matters pertaining to the Offices in your AoR to include: supporting field programmatic staff in planning and implementation of projects and events they are organizing with regard to relevant procurement actions; supporting the HR and financial functions as instructed; reviewing adequacy and allocation of office space requirements; managing maintenance and repair of office premises and equipment; responsible for the maintenance of accurate inventory of all Mission equipment in the AoR; managing efficient and effective use of assigned assets and supplies; managing mail distribution system between the offices and externally; ensuring efficient and effective use of transport resources and maintaining the vehicle fleet allocated to the AoR in a good operational condition, insuring monitoring the SafeFleet software and producing relevant and related reports;
- Regularly updating all office staff on all relevant security regulations and ensuring that all security/safety measures are implemented. Supervising and monitoring integrated security system; focal point in case of security incidents as per relevant SOPs;
2. Delivering co-ordinated FAU services in the Office AoR in a proactive, effective manner
- Providing support to Head of Field Office and office programmatic staff by anticipating requirements and finding solutions to ensure smooth implementation of Mission activities and economical use of Mission resources;
- Maintaining regular and close communication within the FAU to enable co-ordinated, synchronized and streamlined FAU actions and ensuring integration of FAU field initiatives into overall departmental strategy;
- Ensuring that all amendments to the CRMS and/or internal administrative policies as communicated by FAU management reach all office staff, ensuring their proper application thereof;
- Permanent service delivery improvement provided by systematical evaluation, implementation and market research as appropriate;
- Reviewing administrative risks at the local level as requested by supervisor and proposing applicable control measures;
- Supervising the driver G2 and co-ordinating the work of the FAU staff assigned to the Office as well as outsourced cleaning staff designated to the Office;
- Other duties as assigned, may be called to drive official vehicles.
For more information on the work of the OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina, please see: https://www.osce.org/mission-to-bosnia-and-herzegovina.
- Secondary School Education supplemented by formal studies in administration, procurement, accountancy;
- Minimum 4 years of office/administrative work experience preferably in an international environment;
- Established organisational skills;
- Knowledge of security rules and regulations, location of various agencies and organizations at the duty station and use of emergency equipment;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and local languages;
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft applications;
- Holding a valid driving license.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 2,298.08 BAM/month. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
How To Apply
This position is open to citizens and permanent residents of Bosnia and Herzegovina only.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment. Please note that offline applications submitted via email, fax, or mail will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.