Under the direct supervision of the National Planning and Coordination Officer, the incumbent is responsible for efficient administration of FAU functions in the field, ensuring quality and integrity of the FAU service delivery in his/her AoR and consistency in application of the OSCE Regulatory Framework. The incumbent will be the main point of contact between the FAU and Mission programmatic staff in the field.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Managing day-to-day operations of the Office by effective and efficient administering of resources, ICT and security services in support of implementation of programmatic activities:
- Facilitating all programmatic activities by consistent application of FAU processes and procedures and in line with CRMS;
- Focal point for all FAU matters pertaining to the Offices in his/her AoR to include: supporting field programmatic staff in planning and implementation of projects and events they are organizing with regard to relevant procurement actions; supporting the HR and financial functions as instructed; reviewing adequacy and allocation of office space requirements; managing maintenance and repair of office premises and equipment; responsible for the maintenance of accurate inventory of all Mission equipment in the AoR; managing efficient and effective use of assigned assets and supplies; managing mail distribution system between the offices and externally; ensuring efficient and effective use of transport resources and maintaining the vehicle fleet allocated to the AoR in a good operational condition;
- Regularly updating all office staff on all relevant security regulations; performs periodic fire, bomb and evacuation drill; ensures that all office and vehicle fire extinguishers are checked and attested by authorized company as legally required;
Delivering co-ordinated FAU services in the Office AoR in a proactive, effective and efficient manner:
- Providing support to programmatic staff by anticipating requirements and finding pragmatic solutions to ensure smooth implementation of Mission activities and enhance economical use of Mission resources;
- Maintaining regular and close communication within the FAU to enable coordinated, synchronized and streamlined FAU actions and ensure integration of FAU field initiatives into overall departmental strategy;
- Ensuring that all amendments to the CRMS and/or internal administrative policies as communicated by FAU management reach all office staff, ensuring their proper application thereof;
- Recommending for service delivery improvement are systematically evaluated and implemented as appropriate;
- Supervising and coordinating the work of the FAU staff assigned to the Office;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Secondary School Education supplemented by formal studies in administration, procurement or accountancy;
- Minimum three years of office/administrative work experience preferably in an international environment;
- Established organisational skills; knowledge of security rules and regulations, location of various agencies and organizations at the duty station and use of emergency equipment;
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft applications;
- Very good written and oral communication skills in English and local languages;
- Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and responsibilities;
- Possession of a valid national driving license.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 2,052.42 BAM/month. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
This position is open to citizens and permanent residents of Bosnia and Herzegovina only. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment. Please note that offline applications submitted via email, fax, or mail will not be considered. The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization. Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.