NOTE: Planned contract duration is six months. Extensions are subject to funds availability.
Under the direct supervision of the National Procurement Officer and overall supervision of the Chief of General Services, the incumbent will assist the National Procurement Officer in secretarial, clerical, administrative and procurement issues related to implementation of the “Strengthening Rule of Law by Improving War Crimes Processing in Bosnia and Herzegovina” (SRoLIWCP) extra-budgetary project. The incumbent will also provide a variety of clerical, administrative and other support services to the Material Resources Section according to predefined work schedule and in accordance with the OSCE Regulatory Framework.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Providing general office support and clerical tasks as may be required by National Procurement Officer;
- Advising Project staff on necessary administrative steps;
- Informing Project staff on status of project related procurement;
- Liaising with OSCE Finance and Budget Section on Project related expenditure reports;
- Performing analysis of local market and local companies, collecting catalogues, exploring availability of goods or services, performing check of potential traders, recommending to National Procurement Officer the most advantageous course of action from various alternatives;
- Filing relevant documentation in established filing and document management systems, both paper-based and electronic, ensuring files are properly updated, organized and contain all relevant reports, correspondence and other relevant material;
- Collecting, reviewing and sorting incoming mail, providing background files and information, dispatching outgoing mail. Preparing necessary documentation for presentation to the members various bodies, following up on the status of approval of documents;
- Contacting by email, phone and visiting suppliers and other Project stakeholders, monitoring supplier performance and checking delivery progress against established Project goals, milestones and timelines;
- Supporting other Procurement Assistants - in their tasks related to Local Procurement and Customs Clearance matters when pressure of work requires reassignment, or in their absence;
- Traveling and Conferencing;
- Reserving and issuing air tickets through Self-Booking Tool and/or Amadeus reservation system;
- Entering PRs for air travel and other travel related services;
- As a secondary Oracle preparer, entering PRs for FAU or shared budget distribution and receiving actual services into ORACLE system (IRMA);
- Advising staff on travel plans, analysing quotations for the most advantages rates and advising on most efficient travel arrangements;
- Assisting Finance and Personnel departments in all matters concerning the travel costs (travel reimbursement, invoices, accommodation);
- Maintaining contacts with AX Travel and other providers, obtaining up to date information and cost effective deals, to ensure that the most effective connections are provided;
- Booking enquiries and subsequent reservations of rooms, conferencing and other related facilities and services for Mission events including seminars, trainings, conferences etc, in accordance to the various Departmental requests and CRMS. Up-dating contracts and other documents with the hotels, as well as in e-Office section on the Intranet site;
- Maintaining overview of Hotel facilities on the local market throughout BiH to ensure the Local Window Contracts are offering value for money for the Mission;
- Preparing statistics and other reports as required;
- Providing information about arriving in BiH, local areas and travel-related services (bus, train, rental cars, lost luggage, etc);
- May be required to drive official OSCE vehicles;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Completion of secondary education, supplemented by formal studies in secretarial, commerce or business administration;
- Certificate for completed education in the use of Amadeus reservation system is an asset;
- Four (4) years of working experience preferably in an international environment (exposure to the principles of purchasing, general business functions and associated processes);
- Established organisational experience;
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft packages;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and local languages;
- Possession of a valid driving license.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 2,298.08 BAM/month. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
This position is open to citizens and permanent residents of Bosnia and Herzegovina only. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment. Please note that offline applications submitted via email, fax, or mail will not be considered. The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization. Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.