As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
A vacancy has arisen in the OSCE Presence in Albania for a Administrative Assistant (G5), in the Democratization Department within the extra-budgetary (ExB) project “Suport the Parliament and Civic Education in Albania”, funded by the government of the Swiss Confederation.
The Administrative Assistant (G5) provides general administrative and logistical support to the Project Management Team. While assisting with logistics, the incumbent will also have to provide translation of materials and reports as well as interpretation in meetings from English to Albanian and vice versa. Under the direct supervision of the National Programme Officer, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
• Prepares outgoing e-mails and follows up incoming e-mails, documents and drafts correspondence, by collecting, filtering, completing and forwarding to project staff paperwork/correspondence/data as needed for the implementation of the project.
• When required takes the minutes of meetings, which after approval from Project Manager, go for distribution to designated officials;
• Upon instruction prepares materials for presentation at seminars, briefings and training events
• Upon instructions by the supervisor, prepares travel arrangements for visiting officials to the Presence; organizes meetings of visiting officials with staff members concerned;
• Confirms logistic details with the participants and files the required documentation with the procurement office and forwards requests and information to supervisors (Project Manager and Programme Manager) for approval for participation of Albanian interlocutors in training visits, seminars and workshops abroad.
• Arranges meetings of the PM with representatives of international organizations and governmental officials, participates in the meetings, and provides written summaries and minutes;
• Prepares and files purchase requisitions, as well as follows up the purchase orders for the ExB project team, ensuring that administrative deadlines are met
• Provides translations of technical, programmatic, diplomatic and legal documents;
• Provides simultaneous and consecutive interpretation in local language to English and vice versa, at official meetings and conferences;
• Proofreads and edits written materials upon request of Project Manager and other project team members in English and Albanian languages;
• Collects information and compiles the first draft of the ExB project team's portion of department reports.
• Collects the ExB project team's inputs for the preparation of internal reports and those for the partners and donors and sends to Project Manager
• Performs any other duties as assigned.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills of English language are mandatory;
• Providing administrative assistance with an established experience in interpretation and translation in English language, knowledge of German is an asset.
• Completed secondary school education.
• Minimum 4 years of previous relevant work experience in a secretariat, central or local governmental institution, or in an international organization.
• Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft applications,
• Good organization and coordination skills, as well as good abilities for office management and maintenance of filing systems.
• Experience in organizing meetings.
• Must be Albanian resident and nationally.
According to the fixed OSCE salary scale, the remuneration is approximately 900 EURO, subject to National Social Security deductions. OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
All applications are due by 26 November 2019. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.