As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
In the Democratization Department of the OSCE Presence in Albania, an opportunity has arisen for an Internship, open for international candidates.
This internship is scheduled to start at the beginning of September 2019 for duration of 6 months.
The Democratization Department (DEMD) of the OSCE Presence in Albania works for further enhancing democratic institutions, accountable to its citizens and to strengthen citizen participation in decision making processes. The Civil Society and Gender Unit within Democratization Department focuses on the supporting stronger civil society engagement in democratic processes in Albania as well as gender equality and women’s active participation in public and political life.
The key priority areas of Civil Society and Gender Unit are:
- Enhancing the role and engagement of citizens in democratic processes in Albania by supporting informed, active and inclusive civil society
- Promote cooperation and assist developing participative, transparent and inclusive mechanisms between civil society and institutions
- Working on direct youth empowerment and activisms outside of the power centre of the capital; youth mainstreaming and support to the youth regional co-operation through RYCO and regional co-operation.
- Enhance civil society capacities to address pressing issues of society including support to the voices of minorities, people with special needs and other disadvantaged groups.
- Gender Empowerment and Women’s engagement in public and political life at central and local level
Tasks and Responsibilities
The intern will be an integral part of the Democratization Department and will work under the direct guidance of the Senior Democratization Officer (SDO) specifically to support the civil society youth portfolio. More precisely, as part of the team, the intern will:
- Conduct a primary research and draft a report on youth mainstreaming in the work of organizations and the best practices
- Research youth, civic engagement and gender situation in Albania – data collection
- Provide logistical support in the organization of the CSGU events such as preparing the draft invitation to events, collect confirmations, taking notes, provide first draft of social media presentation of activities etc. Propose establishing and/or strengthening the communication channels with the beneficiaries, with a special focus on activities that are targeting youth or are youth mainstreamed (fb and Instagram posts, emailing lists, etc.).
- Maintain regular communication and coordinate the engagement of Youth Advisory Group (YAG) members with Presence staff.
- Other duties supporting the unit, as assigned.
- The upper age limit for applicants is 30 years
- A university degree in a public administration, communication science and technologies, political science and/or international relations
- Experience volunteering and/or working with youth organizations
- Excellent written and oral skills in English
- Research and knowledge of project management will be an asset
- Inter personal skills and gender awareness
This Internship is not remunerated. Necessary travel expenses to the mission at the commencement and from the Mission home at the end of the Internship will not reimbursed. In lieu of remuneration, the Mission shall contribute towards the cost of living of international interns who are non-residents at the duty station. This contribution is equivalent to maximum 10% of the applicable BLA (=11 Euro per day) rate of the respective field operation duty station. Attention: Interns are obliged to provide the OSCE with evidence that they have health insurance coverage which is valid for the duty station(s) of their internship, prior to commencing the Internship.
How to apply:
All applications are due by 05 April 2019. Please specify in the Cover Letter your earliest starting date and for any question/ information please contact through firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/. The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy or to cancel the recruitment. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply. Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process. Delayed nominations will not be considered.