|General Minimum Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working with the OSCE are:
|Field of Expertise Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working in this field of expertise are:
|Level of Professional Competence Requirements|
Furthermore, this level of responsibility requires the following:
Advanced degree in a relevant field
Minimum 6 years of relevant professional experience
|Mission Specific Requirements|
*Senior Democratization Officer post in Regional Centre Prishtinë/Pristina will be vacant as of 19 April 2017.
Subject to approval of 2017 Unified Budget Post Table, the Senior Democratization Officer post in Regional Centre Mitrovicë/Mitrovica will be transferred from Democratization Department to Human Rights and Communities Department.
Additionally, this particular posts have specific requirements:
|Tasks and Responsibilities|
Under the direct supervision of the Director of the Regional Centre and the overall supervision of the Director of the Human Rights and Communities Department, the incumbent works within the Field Support Section. The Senior Democratization Officer:
1. Liaises with the management of the Regional Centre on all monitoring activities in the area of responsibility. Performs specific monitoring tasks in relation to local governance, media, elections, participation of women, youth and civil society and other issues assigned;
2. In close co-operation with his/her supervisor and the Democratization Department Chiefs of Sections and Senior Management, supervises programmatic staff in the Regional Centre as assigned;
3. Executes and supervises the implementation of projects in close cooperation with his/her supervisor and the Democratization Department Chiefs of Sections;
4. Compiles regular reports on democratization activities and submits those reports to the Director of the Regional Centre, to the Human Rights and Communities Department and Democratization Department Senior Management and to the relevant staff; drafts spot reports on request of the Director of the Regional Centre or Departments;
5. Ensures close co-ordination and co-operation with Headquarters, to ensure fair utilisation of capacities in the field; responds to requests of the Departments and ensures realization of tasking requested by programmatic Sections;
6. Facilitates the work of other professional and support staff in the Regional Centre (RC);
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, please see: http://www.osce.org/mission-in-Kosovo
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds.
Candidates should, prior to applying, verify with their respective nominating authority to which extent financial remuneration and/or benefit packages will be offered.
Please apply to your relevant authorities several days prior to the deadline expiration to ensure timely processing of your application. Delayed nominations will not be considered.