|General Minimum Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working with the OSCE are:
|Field of Expertise Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working in this field of expertise are:
|Level of Professional Competence Requirements|
Furthermore, this level of responsibility requires the following:
First level university degree or equivalent experience
Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience including minimum 1 year in a relevant field strongly preferred
|Mission Specific Requirements|
Additionally, this particular post has specific requirements:
|Tasks and Responsibilities|
Under the overall guidance of the Chief of the Monitoring Unit and direct supervision of the Senior Monitoring Officer, the Monitoring Officer:
1. Monitors the security situation in the host State, including the overall situation in the former crisis area, and reports regularly on security incidents, and overall interethnic relations;
2. Maintains constructive contacts with local authorities, liaises with other international organizations operating in the region, and interacts with local leaders and interlocutors such as mayors, local institutions, heads of villages, religious leaders etc;
3. When necessary and appropriate, serves as an intermediary/mediator between conflicting parties;
4. Reports on vital security and political developments and provides related information from the field for dissemination to appropriate unit(s)/organization(s)/authority(s); upon request of management, contributes to analytic work of the Unit in his/her identified fields of expertise;
5. Supports the efforts of the various other departments in the Field (Political and Reporting Unit, Democratic Governance Unit, Police Development Unit, etc.);
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds.
Candidates should, prior to applying, verify with their respective nominating authority to which extent financial remuneration and/or benefit packages will be offered.
Please apply to your relevant authorities several days prior to the deadline expiration to ensure timely processing of your application. Delayed nominations will not be considered.