|General Minimum Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working with the OSCE are:
|Field of Expertise Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working in this field of expertise are:
|Level of Professional Competence Requirements|
Furthermore, this level of responsibility requires the following:
Advanced education/certified training course in relevant field. Advanced degree in a management discipline an asset
Minimum 10 years relevant, diversified and progressively responsible professional experience including at least 5 years at the management level relevant to the actual position
|Mission Specific Requirements|
Additionally, this particular post has specific requirements:
|Tasks and Responsibilities|
The Deputy Head of Mission, as guided by the Head of Mission, co-ordinates and oversees all aspects of the work of the departments/ programmes within the Mission, including related operational, logistic and general administrative matters. Under the direct supervision of the Head of Mission, the Deputy Head of Mission:
1. Supports the Head of Mission in developing and executing OSCE policies, programmes and operations in furtherance of the Mission¿s mandate;
2. Co-ordinates and manages the daily implementation of the Mission's plans and policies. Particular emphasis is placed on programme management, planning and budgeting processes, as well as oversight on operational and administrative matters;
3. Advises the Head of Mission on Mission priorities in terms of administration, policies, programmes, operations and general management;
4. Reports to the Head of Mission on the activities and progress of the Mission;
5. Interfaces with senior international civil, political and military personnel dealing or involved with the Mission, to ensure complementary approaches and good cooperation;
6. Engages in dialogue with key national and regional leaders and other interlocutors, to identify national priorities where the OSCE can play a support role;
7. Deputizes for the Head of Mission in his/her absence;
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds.
Candidates should, prior to applying, verify with their respective nominating authority to which extent financial remuneration and/or benefit packages will be offered.
Please apply to your relevant authorities several days prior to the deadline expiration to ensure timely processing of your application. Delayed nominations will not be considered.